Friday, March 30, 2012

Richard Byrne: You must check him out!!

This man is incredible! The wealth of knowledge that he is able to share through his blog with other educators is fantastic. His blog is very easy to navigate, and I found many great resources. When first entering his blog it was indeed overwhelming, and I wasn't sure that I would like how much he had going on his page but after sometime spent investigating I found a few things that wouldn't necessarily be for my students but I would love to share with other educators.

Most recently he blogged about kikutext, a service that allows parents to receive a text from their school or classroom about recent happenings. As a soon to be parent I know that I would love to have this for my daughter, and even more as an educator. Parents are so busy and pencil and paper isn't the most efficient way to get into contact or communicate with parents anymore. If a parent was able to see a text message from their school communication would improve greatly between students, teachers, and most importantly parents!

A resource that I shared with colleagues is the Unseen Titanic gallery by National Geographic. With testing being so heavy these next few weeks this is a resource that students are able to explore quietly and keep interest in after finishing their test, or out in the hallway. Most teachers won't have time to go into full detail about the happenings of this event but the gallery (which I recommend viewing) is a fantastic visual presentation that students would understand!Richard Byrne Click Here!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you! There is so much information, it is almost hard to take it all in. It was fun to read that not only did you find a couple of useful tools on his site, but you are SHARING them already with others!BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete